Flood water damaged airbag modules
If the vehicle has water or flood damage:
You will need to get the SRS airbag control module replaced to make sure the airbag system works correctly and the airbag light turns off.
- Locate the airbag module in your vehicle by using the MyAirbags Module Locator
- Find the part in your car and write down the part number of the unit or snap a picture of it with your phone.
- Search MyAirbags inventory to see if it is in stock by using the part number that is on your original unit.
- New or used modules may need to be additionally programmed to the vehicle VIN.
- Please note that not all vehicles are required to have the VIN programmed.
Here is what the Part Number may look like