Notifications
Clear all

2006 Toyota Matrix Passenger Seat Active Mode Indicator

Nils
 Nils
New Member Registered

I just had my module reset by you guys. I did this mostly to verify that it is working because the dealership wanted me to buy a new one. My airbag light is still on with only one code found: B1660–passenger seat airbag active mode indicator. I’ve checked the wiring under the seat and it looks good to me (I’m no expert though). So it could be the occupancy sensor (this seems logical) or the seatbelt tensioner (maybe? Even if no one is in the seat?)…or something else. Is there a way I can troubleshoot and pinpoint the problem? The occupancy sensor is where I’m going to start, it’s not too expensive, but I have no idea how to replace it.  Please advise. 

Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2022 11:10 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Your airbag module is connected to your airbags, sensors and seatbelts. You can take it to a mechanic so they can scan your module for codes and those codes will let you know what you need to get repaired. If the module only has crash history from the accident then you can send it to us and we can reset it. We are not able to repair these modules so if you have lost communication or an internal failure code then that module will need to be replaced.   Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2022 2:49 pm
Share: