Notifications
Clear all

2013 Ford Escape collapsible steering column sensor

I have a 2013 Ford Escape 2.0 that was in a front end collision with airbag deployment. We removed the seatbelts that won't retract and the restraint module. We cannot find the collapsible steering column sensor? Nothing looks like the pictures or video you have posted. Is it possible there is not one? The battery is still dead after the SOS, so we are not getting error codes.

Topic starter Posted : 06/20/2022 8:16 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

There is a steering column sensor in all Ford Escapes 2010-2022. We have a video available on Youtube that shows you where it's located and how to remove it.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/20/2022 8:17 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

You only need to remove the sensor, you do not send in the entire steering column. This is the only video I have. Unfortunately, if you cannot remove it yourself you may have to take your vehicle to a local mechanic.

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/20/2022 8:18 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

I see it this way as tech if you are getting a code for the sensor and the wiring is good. I would send it in to have us check it out to make sure it's good

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/20/2022 8:22 pm

We watched that video. It says you don’t have to take out the steering column, but there is nothing accessible that looks like that plate when we take the covers off the column. If we are supposed to take out the steering column, nothing in the video shows that. Is there a way to lower it? There is no room at the top to even fit a hand inside, much less a screwdriver. So your video on YouTube is not helpful.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/20/2022 10:44 pm

My husband removed the steering column and got to it. The red pin is still in, and the other pin is still out. Should we still send it to be checked or should it be ok to just reinstall. I attached photos of the sensor. In another YouTube video someone said it was ok if the red button had not come out and the other side was not stuck in. Thanks for your help.

2013 Ford Escape collapsible steering column sensor
2013 Ford Escape collapsible steering column sensor2
2013 Ford Escape collapsible steering column sensor3
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/21/2022 12:13 am
Share: