Notifications
Clear all

2006 Lincoln Town Car pyro sensor in the seat belt

RICKY

I am in need of service on a seat belt pretensioner. The thing went out about a year ago so we replaced it with a working used unit. The used unit now went out. Both units have "gone bad" and have an infinite resistance value. I would like to send in one for repair but want to make sure that the module itself isn't capable of burning these out. Not sure if age can cause problems with these or not. This car is actually a low mileage hardly driven car that is very clean. I just don't want to have to send it back in to you burned out again. Thank you.

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2022 2:25 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

The airbag modules do not have the capability to burn out seat belts. We can repair the seatbelts and reset the airbag module if the vehicle has been in an accident.
If you wish to send us your parts, you can visit our website, MyAirbags.com to create your order, view pricing and print out a FedEx shipping label that you can use.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2022 2:25 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

We are able to replace the pyro sensor in the seat belt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2022 2:26 pm
RICKY

So the pyron sensor can be replaced on this 2006 Lincoln Town Car seat belt tensioner? Just making sure before I send it. I have been told they could before with other things with other companies and was told that they couldn't and had to pay a charge to get my things back. I don't mind charges but I just don't like being told one thing and another thing happens.

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2022 4:53 pm
Share: