Notifications
Clear all

INFINITI 1999 QX4 to a 2002 SRS Module question

i am doing a steering wheel swap ( adding a 2002 Steering wheel )
If I change out the SRS module from my 1999 QX4 to a 2002 SRS Module should that ensure that the Steering wheel airbag would work?

Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 9:48 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

No, I would leave the original airbag control module. If both driver airbag modules are the same part number, you will be ok. Also look and see if the spare airbag control module from the 2002 and your vehicle are the same part number. The original module is configured to your vehicle. If the vehicle was in an accident, I would send that module to us for a reset service.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 9:49 pm
I only have the 2002 steering wheel so far, my original AirBag Module is still in place.

I think what I was really asking was about the “possible-need” for a new 2002 Clock Spring that will mate with the 2002 Steering wheel for mainly airbag control.  And, if needed, would that Clock Spring require a 2002 Airbag Module?  

I am doing some custom work, remodeling my dash board so the passenger dash airbag has been deleted, and will only need the Steering Wheel bag.
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 9:50 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

The good thing is the clockspring connector should work. Try it and you should not have any issues as long as all the connectors work properly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 9:50 pm
Share: