Notifications
Clear all

2005 Chrysler Sebring need to reset the airbag module and reset the locked seatbelts.

I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L engine standard size four door sedan.
I need to reset the airbag module and reset the locked seatbelts.
Im considering buying drivers side and passenger side airbags secondhand from a junkyard or ebay. Do you need the airbags‘ serial numbers to reset the airbag module? Can any airbag that supposedly matches the car work for you to reset the airbag module?

If I don't install passenger's side airbags, can the driver‘s side airbag work to protect the driver? Without the passenger's side airbag, can I expect the airbag light to stay on?

Topic starter Posted : 11/29/2022 1:34 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

For one we do not have anything to do with anything airbags, so those issues i would not be able to accurately give you answers. As for the airbag module and seatbelts yes we can fix those. For the airbag module and seatbelts all we need is the year make and model. You can place your order online at myairbags.com or give us a call and one of our reps can walk you thru the site to place your repair order.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/29/2022 1:35 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

You will have to call a dealership to get those part numbers and for the seatbelts yes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/29/2022 1:36 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

The dealership will always want you to purchase a new module. We reset the airbag modules and if you were to purchase a used or new module then either way itd have to be programmed to the VIN. We reset the crash data in the airbag module. So if your vehicle was in an accident we can try to reset the crash data so you wont have to worry about reprogramming and it would be a plug and play. The choice is yours what you'd like to do with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/29/2022 1:37 pm

Can you provide me with the model number for airbags that will fit my car‘s make and model? If I send the seatbelts to you, will the seatbelts go back to their original protective function 100%?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/29/2022 4:02 pm

The dealership said to buy a new airbag control module and get it programmed to the car's VIN. They said that was what we need to do rather than reprogram the airbag control module that we currently have. Most cars‘ control modules are not to be reprogrammed but rather replaced. But your company reprograms. Which is correct? Is my current airbag control module reprogrammable?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/29/2022 4:04 pm
Share: