Notifications
Clear all

2021 Ford F-150 Crew Cab I want to remove the front passenger seat

RICKY

I want to remove the front passenger seat on my 2021 Ford F-150 Crew Cab without creating any problems to the airbag system and/or any of the sensor/warning lights. Can I simply disconnect the battery terminals (negative and positive) of the vehicle, then unbolt the seat from the frame, then disconnect all electrical plugs from the seat and remove it from the vehicle? I would like to drive without the seat in the vehicle for potentially a month. Install by disconnecting battery terminals and then install in reverse order? Any advice greatly appreciated

Topic starter Posted : 08/22/2022 1:51 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

As far as removing the actual seat it could affect it the SRS system but mainly the occupancy weight sensor which is usually located under the passenger side seat. Now disconnecting before removal could possibly save it from having all the lights come on, but we only really work on the seatbelts and airbag modules that have crash data in them. Your best way to find out 100% would be to call your local dealership and speak with one of their technicians about removing the seat and what possible effects it could have on the SRS system.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/22/2022 1:52 pm
Share: