Notifications
Clear all

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee airbag light is on

My airbag light is on. I just bought this 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7. I have replaced the clock spring and the ORC. The connections underneath the seats have been checked. The scanner is stating there is an open circuit with regards to the drivers side pretensioner. The mechanic plugged in another pretentioner, but the airbag light is still on. Do you have any recommendations?

Topic starter Posted : 09/26/2022 2:56 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

i think that this would be a wiring harness or plug, especially if you tried with another anchor pretensioner.
I'd recommend testing the resistance on the anchor pretensioner. Also, has the airbag module ever been reset?

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/26/2022 2:59 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

It will need to be programmed to your VIN.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/26/2022 3:00 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

The seatbelts do not have to be programmed. Only the airbag module is VIN specific.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/26/2022 3:03 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

On some vehicles it will reset itself, others you have to have it reset. You will have to install a new or repaired seatbelt to see if it automatically goes away on your vehicle.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/26/2022 3:05 pm

Thanks for your reply. Does a new ORC need to be calibrated to my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/26/2022 5:24 pm

Thanks for your info. By the way, does one have to do any reprogramming when a front seat pretensioner is switched out?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/26/2022 6:53 pm

If I plug in a faulty front seat pretensioner and the airbag lights comes on because of an open circuit. And, I replace the faulty pretensioner with a good one. Do I have to erase the code from the faulty one to turn the airbag light off, or will it go off by itself?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/26/2022 9:21 pm
Share: