Air Bag DTC B0028 h...

Notifications
Clear all

Air Bag DTC B0028 how to clear code?

Linda Childers
New Member Registered

2017 Nissan Altima.  Air Bag Light is solid red illumination.  Scanner showed B0028 in “history”.  Many U-Tubes show how to reset but only if Air Bag light is flashing versus solid. 

It is confusing to the simple mind as if the code is in “history”, one might think the red light would not be illuminated if the code was in history.  Can this code be cleared somehow from history with a scanner and air bag light would then not illuminate?

Have read … “Most DTC codes can be accessed in the SRS airbag module via OBD using and Airbag Scan Tool or scanner such as the Autel or Snap-On”. 

Have also read….  “it will trigger your check engine light, and requires Nissan to reset it for only $100 or more depending on the dealer (Bulb and replacement labor extra). The standard engine code resets don't do it (I have a universal code reader, it can't reset it, because it's part of the air bag system)”. 

Have also read…..” The dealership will not be able to clear hard code due to hardware issues”.

What are hard codes?  Are there codes relating to the air bag that only a dealership can clear?

Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2023 10:19 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Was your vehicle was in the accident ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/13/2023 12:00 am
Linda Childers
New Member Registered

Thanks for your prompt reply.  No accident.  I know my question was all over the map but the fact the code is in "history" but the light is currently illuminated is really confusing me. I am also wondering about who can clear what codes.  I would like to clear this code and see if it returns and maybe the light would also go off.  Yes, I know I am probably dreaming.  I am aware of all the issues with recalls on Nissan airbags.  I think the recalls stopped at 2016 for the Altima.  Didn't catch a break on that one.  Thanks for any input or suggestions.

P.S.  Code is B0028

This post was modified 8 months ago by Linda Childers
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/13/2023 5:03 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Your airbag module is connected to your airbags, sensors and seatbelts. You can take it to a mechanic so they can scan your module for codes and those codes will let you know what you need to get repaired.
If the module only has crash history from the accident then you can send it to us and we can reset it. We are not able to repair these modules so if you have lost communication or an internal failure code then that module will need to be replaced.

Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/15/2023 7:06 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Code B0028 indicates the SRS module has determined a problem with the right front passenger airbag deployment loop. The low resistance portion of the code description indicates a potential short to voltage. You need to get that airbag checked to see if it needs to be repaired or replaced. Once that is done you can send us your airbag module to be reset.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/15/2023 7:06 pm
Share: