2007 Mini Cooper DS...

Notifications
Clear all

2007 Mini Cooper DSC/ ABS module repair

ecoboosted
New Member Registered

I have a 2007 mini Cooper S. I am intermittently getting a 5e57 error with the DSC, brake, and abs light on. When the lights come on, they stay on while the engine is running and the ignition is on, and the abs is disabled, only for that ignition cycle. When I turn the car off for more than 5 minutes, the DSC, brake, and abs lights turn off, and everything is normal. It can go 30+ ignition cycles before coming on again, or it will come on 3 cycles later. When I read the code it says the 5e57 is stored, not active. Does this sound like an issue that can be fixed with the DSC/abs unit, or is it something else, and is it something you can repair?

Vehicle Year
Vehicle Make
Mini
Topic starter Posted : 03/23/2022 9:54 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately we don't service this part.  But, I'd start with the DSC unit if all of the sensors seem to be in order. Take it to an indy Mini/BMW shop with a good reputation to have it checked out. They often have dealt with the esoteric problems these cars get with age that the dealers don't see as often. The cost of doing a check at a shop vs. guessing in your own garage is worth it in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/24/2022 12:07 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

You might want to look at the similar topics in UpFix Forum Here's the link https://forum.upfix.com/abs/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/24/2022 12:09 pm
Share: