Notifications
Clear all

2015 MITSUBISHI LANCER code b223d

Mark H

I have already received my air bag module but the light is still on on my dashboard. And in the scanner. Throw the code b223d I would like to know if there is a way they can help me

Topic starter Posted : 01/22/2024 2:22 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Certain air bag codes are PPM/OCC/OCSM codes that are tied in with the Airbag module.
1: All PPM/OCC/OPDS codes need to be diagnosed separately from standard air bag codes.
2: When a PPM/OCC/OPDS code is detected the Air Bag control module is working as designed
This code is a OCC/OCSM/OPDS code. Not a crash code.
When a vehicle is involved in a accident and airbags deploy, they store crash codes in the module and lock up the module. What we do here is to unlock the module clear all crash codes test the module for communication and recheck system for any crash codes or internal failure codes. If none are found we send the module back to the customer as repaired all crash codes erased.
To reset this code you will need to use a diagnostic scan tool that can communicate with the Airbag Control Module and make necessary changes if needed.

1. Navigate to SRS Airbag Menu
  2. Look for a menu option called "Occupant " or "Recalibrate"
  3. There you may see one option or two options. Clear codes and Zero out the weight
  4. First zero out the weight sensor (occupant seat sensor). Then press clear codes
  5. If the passenger seat has been replaced and the sensors in the seat were not transferred from the original seat to the seat that is now in the vehicle can also cause airbag issues.
    If none of this was helpful and you still are having issues. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/22/2024 2:24 pm
Share: