Notifications
Clear all

2011 RAV4 Sport passenger side air bag light come on

I have a 2011 RAV4 Sport. The problem I have is with the passenger side seat. When I start the car the passenger side air bag light come on.. then goes off.. if someone sits in the seat the light says the airbag is off. (That person is heavy enough for the system to work.) I also notice that the seat belt for the passenger side does not recognize that there is a person in the seat. I am not sure if maybe the weight sensor in the seat is not working so the seatbelt and airbag systems do not recognize that there is a person in the seat. Then that does not show if the seat belt is needed or the airbag is needed. This is a new car for me.. The car fax report says that there were two accidents with minor damage but no air bags were deployed in the past. I need to have all the air bag systems working on this car for safety reasons. Thank you for your help.

Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2022 1:46 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

This does sound like your seat weight sensor needs to be repaired/replaced. Your airbag module is connected to your airbags, sensors, and seat belts, you can have the module scanned for codes and those codes will let you know if any of those parts need to be repaired/replaced.
We do not service these sensors here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2022 1:47 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2022 1:48 pm

I will take the vehicle to a dealership next week and they will do a diagnostic for the issue. If it does indeed turn out to be the Airbag computer I will be contacting you to reset it. Again, thank you. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2022 4:14 pm
Share: