Notifications
Clear all

2011 Nissan Pathfinder Air Bag light blinking

I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2011 that has an airbag light on. Initially the airbag light was blinking 2 times and also 6 times. It also had error codes B1035 and B1054. I did some debugging and here is the steps I have taken:

1) Air Bag light blinking - pulled B1035 code with BlueDriver Dongle. Confirmed code with the "key" diagnostics and read a one long six short code.
2) The SRS chapter confirmed the ODB and "key" codes agree on the Crash Sensor failure. A replacement sensor was ordered.
3) Replacement sensor was installed following service manual procedure and a reset was performed using the Thinkdiag OBD device. Code did not clear. I tried my new sensor and also old sensor on another Nissan and it did not through any code after a long time.
4) A "key" reset was performed but the fault did not clear.
5) Wiring continuity was tested between the Crash Sensor and the Air Bag Control Module. Black and While lines read less then one ohm series and open/infininte in parallel.
6) Wiring harness visual inspection was fine, no damage noted.
7) As per SRS manual recommendation, a replacement Air Bag Control Module was installed. Multiple resets were attempted by OBD and "key"
8) The Shield ground was tested between E14 groud stud and the Air Bag Control Module and resistance was less than 1 ohm.
9) Ground stud E14 and stud bolt at Air Bag Control Module were cleaned and resistance rechecked. I also checked for continuity for both wires have continuity.
10) Crash Zone sensor mounting was thoroughly cleaned and resistance checked.
11) Voltage at Air Bag Control Wodule was checked and resent at both side of fuse.
12) Wire harness corrugated tube was removed at Crash Sensor end and shield termination looked fine, no damage or corrosion present.
13) I replaced the spring clock and that fixed the B1054. I still get the error code but the airbag light blinks only 6 times now.

At this point I am convinced it’s an issue with the airbag module, but wanted to see wdyt?

Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2021 5:24 pm
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Sounds like you did a proper diagnosis. Because you were able to repair the B1054 and still having issues with the B1035. I would recommend replacing the airbag control module

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2021 7:52 pm

Thanks! Do you sell the unit for my car? Or do you repair my own? Could you please give me quotes?
Cheers,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2021 9:21 pm
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Sorry to tell you we no longer sell modules. All we do as part of the module reset service is erase crash codes and check for communication so the module is useable again. We don't repair the internal parts of the module. So I would recommend yo getting a new or used module to resolve your issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2021 11:49 pm
Share: