Notifications
Clear all

2009 Honda CR-V has not been in a accident

I have a 2009 Honda CR-V right hand drive was manufacturered in Japan. it has not been in a accident or crashed. one day I got in the car start the engine I looked on the dashboard that I don't see no seat belt light coming on nor the seat belt had no beeping warning sound plus the (SRS) Air bag light came on also I said to myself maybe it's a fuse or the seat belt buckle giving trouble so I checked the fuse box (slot 11) fuse 10 in fuse box wasn't blowing then I when and check the seat belt buckle on my driver side it was okay so I didn't have a Scan tool at the time to do a OBD2 scan so I pin the number 9 & 4 pin on the OBD2 to get the code through the gauge cluster and the two codes I got was ( DTC B1187--->>Gauge Control Module Lost Communication with the SRS Unit and DTC B1906---> Air Bag Crash Sensor #2 Feed/Return Circuit Short to Ground") so i cleared the B1906 code from the gauge cluster but the B1187 code could not be clear from the gauge cluster so I power down the vehicle by removing all battery terminals for one whole day to see if it would reset the issue when I power up the car the next day SRS light was on and no seat belt light was coming on the dashboard and no beeping seat belt warning sound i didn't have a Scan tool at the time to do a OBD2 scan so I when and purchased a scan tool to scan the SRS system hoping it could clear the code and the system would start working again but when I connected the scan tool the OBD2 port and scan the SRS system the scan tool read ( there was no communication from the SRS system I must check all wire connections) I did this test multiple times same information coming back so I decide to power down the vehicle remove all battery terminals I waited around two hours I started to disconnect the steering airbags, passenger airbag, the driver and front passenger seat belt connection I also disconnected the two crash sensor left & right on the front of the vehicle chassis frame then I power up the vehicle by installing the battery terminals back to the battery to see if the SRS Module would start communicating with the scan tool or the gauge cluster but it was still no communication so I power down back the vehicle by removing the battery terminals of the vehicle and went to locate the SRS Module under the dashboard I disconnected all the the airbags & seat belts connection from the SRS Module but leaving the power connector connected still to the SRS Module hoping it would start working and start throwing codes at me but when I reconnected the battery terminals and connect the scan tool there was still no communication from the SRS Module unit so I power down the vehicle again waited a hour then disconnected the power connector from the SRS Module and unbolted the SRS Module from the vehicle in this 2009 Honda CR-V it was manufacturered with driver seat alone carry wire attachment under the seats for the seat buckle the rest doesn't plus I don't carry roof Air bags only places air bags are found are on the passenger dashboard and in the driver streering wheel and the SRS seat belt system is only installed to the driver and front passenger seat belts only. Do think it can be reset or do you have any I can purchase from your inventory. At a reasonable price would greatly appreciated. My vehicle info and attachment picture of the module:
2009 Honda CR-V

IMG 20211205 120210 1
IMG 20211205 120323 3
This topic was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Mike Huff
Topic starter Posted : 12/20/2021 3:26 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Your SRS module has lost communication and will need to be replaced. There is no way to repair this or to clear the code with a scan tool. Also, we do not have this part in stock for your vehicle. You will need to contact a dealer.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/20/2021 3:29 pm

Yes, got the new srs unit from a dealer and they did the calibration. Light is off now and everything back to normal

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/15/2022 4:53 pm
pmtone
New Member Registered
Posted by: @temp-mikehuff

I have a 2009 Honda CR-V right hand drive was manufacturered in Japan. it has not been in a accident or crashed. one day I got in the car start the engine I looked on the dashboard that I don't see no seat belt light coming on nor the seat belt had no beeping warning sound plus the (SRS) Air bag light came on also I said to myself maybe it's a fuse or the seat belt buckle giving trouble so I checked the fuse box (slot 11) fuse 10 in fuse box wasn't blowing then I when and check the seat belt buckle on my driver side it was okay so I didn't have a Scan tool at the time to do a OBD2 scan so I pin the number 9 & 4 pin on the OBD2 to get the code through the gauge cluster and the two codes I got was ( DTC B1187--->>Gauge Control Module Lost Communication with the SRS Unit and DTC B1906---> Air Bag Crash Sensor #2 Feed/Return Circuit Short to Ground") so i cleared the B1906 code from the gauge cluster but the B1187 code could not be clear from the gauge cluster so I power down the vehicle by removing all battery terminals for one whole day to see if it would reset the issue when I power up the car the next day SRS light was on and no seat belt light was coming on the dashboard and no beeping seat belt warning sound i didn't have a Scan tool at the time to do a OBD2 scan so I when and purchased a scan tool to scan the SRS system hoping it could clear the code and the system would start working again but when I connected the scan tool the OBD2 port and scan the SRS system the scan tool read ( there was no communication from the SRS system I must check all wire connections) I did this test multiple times same information coming back so I decide to power down the vehicle remove all battery terminals I waited around two hours I started to disconnect the steering airbags, passenger airbag, the driver and front passenger seat belt connection I also disconnected the two crash sensor left & right on the front of the vehicle chassis frame then I power up the vehicle by installing the battery terminals back to the battery to see if the SRS Module would start communicating with the scan tool or the gauge cluster but it was still no communication so I power down back the vehicle by removing the battery terminals of the vehicle and went to locate the SRS Module under the dashboard I disconnected all the the airbags & seat belts connection from the SRS Module but leaving the power connector connected still to the SRS Module hoping it would start working and start throwing codes at me but when I reconnected the battery terminals and connect the scan tool there was still no communication from the SRS Module unit so I power down the vehicle again waited a hour then disconnected the power connector from the SRS Module and unbolted the SRS Module from the vehicle in this 2009 Honda CR-V it was manufacturered with driver seat alone carry wire attachment under the seats for the seat buckle the rest doesn't plus I don't carry roof Air bags only places air bags are found are on the passenger dashboard and in the driver streering wheel and the SRS seat belt system is only installed to the driver and front passenger seat belts only. Do think it can be reset or do you have any I can purchase from your inventory. At a reasonable price would greatly appreciated. My vehicle info and attachment picture of the module:
2009 Honda CR-V

IMG 20211205 120210 1
IMG 20211205 120323 3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/20/2022 10:11 am
pmtone
New Member Registered

Hi Mike

Did you ever fix this issue i have same problem i got srs module repaired but it didnt make any deference

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/20/2022 10:14 am
Share: