Notifications
Clear all

2009 Chevy suburban no communication to module.

I'm working on a 2009 Chevy suburban doing the ac blend door flap. I disconnected the battery and removed the dash along with drivers and passenger airbags. Put everything back together and now the light is on for airbag and customer said it wasn't on I don't remember if it was or wasn't??? But I have no communication to module. Can you possibly give me some advice??? Thanks for any and all help!!!

Topic starter Posted : 11/28/2022 3:03 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Since you had the battery unhooked to do the dash. The first thing I would do is a Global Reset. If you are sure you didn't have to remove the SDM. There should be no problem with the SDM. Also check every fuse in the vehicle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2022 3:04 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

No problem

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2022 3:04 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

We don't repair modules we just erase crash data and check for communication. It might have shorted out when you reinstalled the battery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2022 3:05 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Get a new module

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2022 3:05 pm

Thanks I'll try that. And all fuses checked good!! Thanks I'll let you know!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/28/2022 5:31 pm

Did reset!! No luck!! Rechecked all fuses. Okay!! Tested for power on SDM red/ white has power and pink has power!! Ground tested ok also!! ????? Not sure what else to do. Should I send y'all the module??

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/28/2022 7:00 pm

Can you fix that or do I have to get another one? That's what's wrong is no communication!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/28/2022 9:28 pm
Share: