Notifications
Clear all

2012 Jeep Liberty Code B223D/Activ OCM DTC Present

Code B223D/Activ OCM DTC Present
The Jeep Liberty is giving this code. I looked it up and it said the passenger seat needs to be calibrated. When a reset is performed is common that you have to take the vehicle to have the passenger seat calibrated? I have had many resets over the years and not had this issue to recently. I had a 2020 Honda civic reset and I had to take to the dealer to calibrate the passenger seat. This jeep liberty is throwing this code, I also had a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee same issue. Please Help.

Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 7:57 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

If you have already tried to reset the OCM and the code still comes back there is possibly an issue with the ORC. If that is the issue more than likely the ORC will need to be replaced. A module reset service will not correct this issue for you. Sorry about that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 7:57 pm

It is giving a code for the passenger seat  needs to be calibrated.   My question is when you perform a reset on the module is it normal that each time I have to take it to the dealer and have them calibrate the passenger seat?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/30/2023 7:58 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

It's not abnormal for a request for a passenger seat recalibration. When a module is locked with crash data because of deployment and there might have been someone or something sitting in the front passenger seat this might throw it off calibration. Thus, the need for a passenger seat calibration. This doesn't happen all the time. When it does the passenger seat will need to be recalibrated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2023 7:58 pm
Share: