Notifications
Clear all

2004 Jaguar xk8 seat belt buckle

I want to introduce brief issue what happened.
Car is Jaguar xk8 2004.
Everything was working.I had broken plastic of seat belt buckle.
Couldn’t find OEM part, but found aftermarket, with two wires.
Just removed my old buckle, there were 3 wires inside the main wire, Red, white , yellow. On aftermarket buckle were 2 wires , red and white.
I have connected red to red and white to white, yellow left free, and attached to the car. During the work i didn’t disconnect cars battery. Whet i plug in socket of buckle, noticed that steady airbag light came on dash, and newer go off. On passenger side there wasn’t airbag light( before replacement it was on when somebody seat).
This is whole story what i did.
Trying to connect with scan tool, wasn’t able, as it says lost communication with RCM.
Couple days ago i found three OEM used buckle, Photos are attached.
All measurements on socket are same, i don’t know how much they should be, (hope they all are in working condition).
The reason i am writing you, is there any way to check if the buckle or RCM are working, or is there any way to test that RCM need to be reseted.
In my opinion if I'm not able to connect to RCM via scan tool, there can be issue with RCM, as i could make shortage of wires with aftermarket buckle.
If there any measurements i can do please let me know.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
This is OEM BUCKEL
image2.png
This is aftermarket that i used with 2 wires

Thank you

image0 (4)
image1 (1)
image2
Topic starter Posted : 12/28/2021 10:53 am
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

jaguars will need original oem parts... anything aftermarket will not work

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/28/2021 10:54 am
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

For communication issues with the module. Since there was no accident the first thing, I would do is check all the fuses. If none are blown and you still have no communication, then you might have damaged the RCM! If this is the case, you would need to get a replacement module. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/28/2021 10:56 am

Today i have contacted to you regarding air bag light problem.
Thank you for your reply.
Now i have OEM buckles connected, but still have steady airbag light. I am sure is regarding my aftermarket buckle placement before.
Now i want to figure out am i need RCM reset or i need new RCM.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/28/2021 1:21 pm
valentino2000
New Member Registered

Where did you get the replacement part? And do you have the part number?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/14/2022 1:58 am
Share: