Notifications
Clear all

Air Bag Code 00588 on VW CC 2011

I have had the recall done on my airbag and now i have a code 00588. I have taken out the seat and replaced the connector in the floor. The dealer wants another $130 to put their diagnostic on it and then hourly to find the problem. I already know the code is 00588. What is the problem and can I fix it? The radio panel went out at or near the same time and intermittently comes back on every once in a while. I have to have this fixed to get the vehicle to pass inspection. The horn works and all the buttons on the steering wheel so I think the clock spring is ok. What should I be looking for ? I will be sending in an air bag module from a different VW I know the air bag went off in and needs the module reset.

Topic starter Posted : 09/22/2021 4:31 am
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Is this code for your driver side airbag ignitor. If you know the airbag is good and the wiring from said airbag back to the module all test out ok then there is more than likely an internal issue with the airbag control module.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/22/2021 6:59 am

That is what the dealership had worked on in the recall. I didn't get anywhere with them as they wanted money to diagnose the code. It was their recall, but they wanted to screw me over with a list of things they needed to diagnose. How do I check the wiring from the the module to the igniter? Ohm meter? I guess I have to remove the dash to get to the module as you stated it was under the radio on the floor. If I check the wires with an ohmmeter and the wires are good. I'll send in the module. I drive the car while it is out as I have no other vehicle? You have been a great help.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/22/2021 8:28 am
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Yes use a DVOM it will give you a good reference on the wires. When you get the chance later on to check the wires. Give me a reply on this and tell me what you find out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/22/2021 10:56 am
Share: