Notifications
Clear all

2017 VW Golf wagon irbag Control Module needs replacing

Hi. I have an Airbag Error light on in my 2017 VW Golf wagon. The car has never been in a crash nor have the airbags been deployed. I thought it might be a clock spring issue and took it to the dealer. They say the Airbag Control Module needs replacing to the tune of $1500.

I'm an EE and pretty decent mechanic so I can swap this myself. The part is $600. Do you repair or reset errors that are not caused by a crash?

My VCDS scan says that the problem in that controller is due to the passenger's side belt tensioner igniter is shorted to plus. I'll try to check that out.

Just wondering if you service the controllers without a crash. The VW part number is 5Q0959655J Z00.

Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2021 10:53 am
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Hello,
We're only able to delete deployment history in the event of an accident. If you were never in an accident and your airbag light is on then you definitely need to replace it. This just means you have an internal failure within the module that cannot be repaired. However, you can try to find a used module at a junk yard or maybe even ebay and then have it programmed to your VIN, it doesn't necessarily need to be purchased new.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2021 1:21 pm

Thanks for the information. I’ll find a new or used module.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2021 2:50 pm
Share: