Notifications
Clear all

2010 LINCOLN, MKX Code U0151

Urian

Lincoln MKX from 2010 I sent you my module to be reset. installed it and the light was still on. It was scanned, and the codes were from before the reset. The person who scanned it made an attempt to erase the codes. One issue was that it indicated a history of accidents. The second code displayed is u0151, which denotes a communication issue.

Topic starter Posted : 08/29/2023 2:11 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

If you are still getting crash data can you send me the code, you are getting. Is it code B1193-00 Crash data full? If so I can email you a shipping label to send the module back for another module reset service

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2023 2:12 pm
Urian

Tech cleared all the codes . Only 1 remaining is U0151 . Having trouble communicating with module . Only steering wheel bag blew and replaced and driver seat belt locked and was replaced . trying to see if anything else like a sensor may be bad .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/29/2023 2:13 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Code U0151 is a communication code here is some helpful info.
COMMUNICATION ISSUES / NO CODES:
For each part that we service, we test to make sure the part has communication with the memory side and that the crash history is cleared.

If you are using a diagnostic scan tool and you are getting NO codes or no communication with the module. It could be that the scanner you are using is not scanning the SRS Airbag System, or there is no power going to the module. Make sure the scanner you are using has the option to scan the SRS airbag system, if so check all the fuses to make sure none are blown causing a loss of power to the module. You can also try a different diagnostic scan tool.

If you are having communication or no code issues then it is best to:
1. Ensure that the module is bolted down tights with all bolts.
2. Connector Pins inside the module plug are NOT bent.
3. Ensure that all harness plug connections are plugged in all the way into the airbag control module.
4. Make sure you are getting power to the module.

We reset airbag modules after the vehicle was in an accident and we clear crash data/crash history. To reset a module we test full communication with the unit. In order for us to reset and remove crash data we do it thru the plug and have communication before and after reset. Since we have to check to make sure all crash history has been cleared.

If you still have issues where you have no communication or no codes, after you have checked everything out. Then more than likely you are having an internal issue with the module. At this point, the module will need to be replaced. If you didn't have time to do any of the things we recommended and you had the module checked by a qualified automotive tech and you have to purchase a new airbag module for this issue. Just send us a copy of your receipt for the replacement module and we will refund your money for the Airbag module reset service

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2023 2:15 pm
Urian

Must be communicating somewhat if we cleared the accident history code after scanning it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/29/2023 2:15 pm
Serge - MyAirbags Team
Noble Member Moderator

Tell me what happens after you bolt the module down properly.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions, comments, and/or concerns.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2023 2:16 pm
Share: