Notifications
Clear all

01 bmw 740il with some airbag (srs) issues

hello,

i have a 2001 bmw 740il with some airbag (srs) issues - i recently picked up a new steering wheel from the junkyard and am trying to install it onto my vehicle but i get an error code DTC 0D (MRS: Airbag, Driver, Stage 2) error. I think this vehicle was in an accident prior as i get 3 other related MRS errors (see attached). i'm trying to figure out if i need to reprogram my ABS/SRS module. Does the Airbag that i got from the junkyard store events as well? these vehicles in the junkyard are typically wrecked but the airbag units are still in one piece.

thanks

Topic starter Posted : 09/21/2021 12:18 pm
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

Hello,
If the airbag light continues to stay on after you replaced the necessary parts, you will need to have the airbag module reset. I recommend sending in the original airbag module because they are VIN-specific parts. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions. Have a great day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/21/2021 2:46 pm

would you be able to program a separate unit for me? I can send two units to you but have you flash only a separate one. I wish to maintain the data in the original module. Perhaps you can extract the data from the original module and replicate onto the second module in addition to resetting it?

If that's not possible, I can send you the original to be reset.

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/21/2021 4:15 pm
MyAirbags Tech Support
Prominent Member Moderator

We do not have the capabilities of programming modules, we just reset/clear crash codes for the airbag modules. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/21/2021 6:43 pm
Share: